Municipal & State Auctions
We have worked with municipalities for years
Sullivan & Sullivan specializes in working with municipalities selling tax possession properties and town/city-owned properties at public auction. With clients spanning the state of Massachusetts, we are highly regarded for our friendly, easy-to-work-with team, as well as skillful planning, management, and execution of residential, commercial, land, and multi-property auctions.
We have sold nearly 1,000 properties for more than 50 municipalities throughout the state. Our all-inclusive municipal auction services are built on the basic principles of our proven method, which we have perfected over 10 years of working with local leaders of the Commonwealth.
Sullivan & Sullivan is committed to exceeding clients’ expectations and providing customized solutions for each municipality’s individual needs. Our core values are centered on a profound respect for the towns and cities we work with.
Streamlined, proven and effective
Sullivan & Sullivan works closely with its clients, walking alongside them throughout the entire process from pre-auction planning to a successful close.
- Our friendly, easy-to-work-with staff of professionals meets with your municipal auction team to discuss the goals and projected income of the auctions.
- Once the big day arrives, our team is right there with you on-site, assisting both the municipality and their legal advisors to ensure everything goes off without a hitch.
- Our courteous team greets and checks in all bidders, inspects their deposits, and hands out any necessary documents including bidder cards and information packages. Our services include on-site electronic registration with the option to provide attendee information at a moment’s notice.
- Our auctioneers work the crowd to generate enthusiasm, create a competitive environment, and encourage strong bidding activity to secure the highest bids possible.
- Thanks to the beauty of our mobile office, our team works with the municipality and/or their attorney(s) on-site shortly after the auction to assist with the necessary paperwork and provide a complete auction report which includes all registered bidders, contact information, the highest bids, and a tally of the day’s auctions in a neat, professional format.
Key benefits of working with us
Our talented team of professionals focuses on one overriding goal: achieving our clients’ desired results. Municipalities are drawn to Sullivan & Sullivan’s well-earned reputation for stellar personal service, and our clients say our stability, reliability, and financial strength also set us apart. We provide full project management services with flexibility and responsiveness to specific needs, as well as advanced auction technology and on-site mobile offices.
Sullivan & Sullivan operates two companies and schedules up to 200 auctions per month, giving us maximum exposure among potential investors. We send weekly emails to our “opt-in” subscribers, and everyone who attends or inquires about an auction is added to this list.
Added client value
Municipalities repeatedly tell us how easy we are to work with and how much they enjoyed the auction. We have maintained relationships with all the municipalities we have worked with, and that is the best reference an auction partner can have!
Sullivan & Sullivan listens. We work with you as teammates inachieving your town or city’s goals. This approach earns us the confidence and trust of our clients, which has strengthened our position as iconic players in the auctioneer marketplace.
Thinking about an auction?
Want to know more about the process or need a proposal?
- Give us a call and tell us about what you have and what your objectives are.
- Request a proposal and we can turn it around very quickly.
- Ask us about the entire process and how we can take some of your “to-do” items off your list.
- Request references from us in your geographic area.
- Ask us for market analysis and thoughts on what your auction may generate.
Our List of Municipal Clients Includes:
- Adams, MA
- Agawam, MA
- Avon, MA
- Barre, MA
- Beckett, MA
- Blandford, MA
- Boxford, MA
- Bridgewater, MA
- Brimfield, MA
- Brockton, MA
- Charlemont, MA
- Chester, MA
- Chesterfield, MA
- Conway, MA
- East Bridgewater, MA
- East Longmeadow, MA
- Easton, MA
- Gardner, MA
- Goshen, MA
- Great Barrington, MA
- Greenfield, MA
- Hanson, MA
- Hatfield, MA
- Heath, MA
- Holland, MA
- Holyoke, MA
- Hudson, MA
- Huntington, MA
- Lunenburg, MA
- Marblehead, MA
- Middlefield, MA
- Montague, MA
- New Marlborough, MA
- New Salem, MA
- Northbridge, MA
- Orange, MA
- Randolph, MA
- Rockland, MA
- Russell, MA
- Southwick, MA
- Springfield, MA
- Stockbridge, MA
- Taunton, MA
- Tolland, MA
- Walpole, MA
- Westfield, MA
- Wilbraham, MA
- Winchendon, MA
Take their word for it
“We are so pleased with the outcome of the auction. Sullivan & Sullivan made the process so easy and our profits are greater than expected. We will be calling Sullivan & Sullivan when we have our next auction.”
Kelly Varner, Treasurer/Collector
Town of Greenfield, MA
Sullivan & Sullivan ran a very successful auction for us. They were thorough, responsive, and very professional. They researched parcels, sent mailings, posted signs, published notices, and held open houses. They created so much interest that the auction was standing room only.
Laurel Placzek, Treasurer/Collector
It was a lengthy process to review and evaluate the Requests for Proposals for Auctioneer services. References from Treasurers who had worked with you previously spoke highly of your organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Your work ethic, honesty, and integrity, coupled with your poise, presence, and self-assuredness throughout the process impressed me.
Ellen Guerin, Treasurer/Collector
I have used Sullivan & Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC over the past 2 years and have been completely satisfied. Marianne and her entire staff are a pleasure to work with and have done an excellent job. When it comes to auctioning town property, it is nice to know Sullivan & Sullivan are there for us. They step in and handle all details from beginning to end, making the entire process very easy to navigate.
Nancy E. Connelly, Treasurer/Tax Collector
The City of Westfield has conducted several auctions utilizing the services of Sullivan & Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC, each time with the same experience. They always complete the process professionally, with a positive attitude, and work to provide complete satisfaction. Whether auctioning one property or more, the staff provided the same level of attention and detail to the needs of the City and bidders.
Matthew Barnes, Treasurer/Collector
Let’s Partner Up
Ready to get started?
Experts in the foreclosure industry and navigating the critical foreclosure life cycle, Sullivan & Sullivan’s services are tailored to meet client-specific needs. Call us today to find out more.
© 2024 Sullivan & Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC. All rights reserved.